Usually about midway through the year, I sit down and assess where I’m at with my personal goals for the year. I never really got around to it this year because we moved from Kansas to Washington in June, and everything has been utter chaos until recently.
So, anyhow, let’s see how I’m doing. These are my goals for the year:
- Read 40 books
- I’m doing well on my yearly reading goal. I’ve read 28 books so far, and according to the tracker on goodreads, that puts me two books ahead of my goal right now. Yipee!
- Write the 2nd novel in my series
- Working on this one, slowly but surely. I didn’t work on it from May till July because the move was nuts, but I’m at it again, making slow progress.
- Sell the house we own
- Not yet. Our renters keep postponing their move out. The world is nuts right now, what can you do?
- Stop drinking soda
- I stopped for a while and then started again, and now I’m back to not drinking it again. It’s my weakness!!
- Write 12 short stories
- I am running a bit behind on this one. I haven’t finished my story for August yet, so I’m running one month behind at this point.
- Finish the Grimm Fairy Tales SAL
- This is a cross stitch project I’m working on. It’s getting there, but I’m not caught up. There is a new section released each month, and I’m a few months behind at this point. UGH!
- Finish my gift for Mindy
- DONE! One small victory! (You can see it below).
- Finish my flower needlework
- Still working on this one. I’ve made really good progress on this since I moved it into the living room. I’ve been working on it when I watch tv at night.
- DONE. This was a big victory and the single most awful move my family has endured.
So, honestly, things are going okay. I wish I were done with a few more of these, but I’m working on them. I hope everyone else is reaching their goals despite the obstacles of life right now.
Happy reading and writing!
2 thoughts on “This Year So Far…”
Wow, writing a second novel AND twelve short stories? That’s awesome and challenging indeed. Wishing you all the best with your WIPs!
Thank you! I like to keep busy. Too much time and I just procrastinate instead. 🙂