It’s a new year! And it’s already off to a tense start for a lot of us… I’m trying to focus on the positive. For my family, some good things have already happened this year.
The biggest news for us is we sold a house that we’ve owned for a few years, but we haven’t lived in for 5 years because of moving. I’m so excited to not be a home owner! I know that might sound strange to some, but I’m a worrier. Living across the country from the house and trying to rent it out and care for it has been stressful for me. I’m glad it’s over.
In addition to that, not much has been happening. I’ve been setting my goals and personal projects up for the year. My goals for 2021 are:
- 1. Read 45 books
- 2. Complete my third novel (it’s about 2/3 of the way drafted already).
- 3. Write 12 short stories (return to my blog every month for the short story of the month)
- 4. Finish my flower needlework project
- 5. Finish my Grimm Fairy Tale Cross Stitch
I might add to my goals as the year progresses, but for now, I’m starting small.
If you come here to read the prompt and short story every month, let’s get started!!!
The first prompt for the year is:
I sat down next to her on the couch. It was time to start telling the truth. But I couldn’t just dive into the heart of the matter, so I started with the little things. I told her…Complete the Story
Just like last year, here are the requirements for my short story every month:
- A. Using the prompt, write a story of at least 1000 words and post by the end of the month
- B. All 12 stories for the year will be related. They will be in the same “world.” (If you read last year, I wrote about a magical family of sisters and their extended family).
Happy reading and writing this year!!!!