Okay, February is nearly over, and I’ve finally made a list of personal goals I hope to achieve this year. It took me until a few days ago to feel like even thinking about it. The sun came out in the Pacific Northwest. Seasonal affective disorder is a real thing.
Anywho… what are you doing this year? Here is what I’ve got so far:
- Read 50 books
- I’ve already started this one. I just finished book #8 for the year last night. This is the one goal I set and start every year without fail.
- Write 12 short stories
- I’ve started this one too. First story of the year: “No Bounds”
- Participate in and win NANOWRIMO
- This one starts and ends in November.
- We are moving! I’m so excited about this one. We’ve already started shopping for houses though we aren’t moving till the summer. I don’t really like where we are now, so I’m ready for a change.
- Write 5th novel
- This is starting soon. I’m going through my brainstorming phase right now for two projects. I haven’t decided which I want to write first, so I’m hoping by the time I get done jotting things down, one of them strikes me as the one!
- Finish recipe cross stitch
- This is my first cross stitch project for the year. I started it very late in 2022. It’s actually a recipe for hot chocolate. I’ve been meaning to make it for years. I’ve almost finished the outline (it’s a complicated outline).
- Update our wills
- So, (pulls out soap box) if you have kids, be sure you have a will. I won’t get into why, but you should!
- My husband and I haven’t updated ours since our daughter was an infant. And we both realized there are some major changes we would like to make.
- Crochet 3 different projects
- I’ve actuallly started this one already too. The first project I’m tackling is jellyfish. I’ve already made two and I’m making several more for family.
- I think my next two projects are going to be a dinosaur and Grogu, but that’s not set in stone yet.
- I’m trying to learn new things that I haven’t tried before, so for each project I try to pick something that has a technique or stitch that I haven’t done before. I’m teaching myself very slowly.
As you can see, I wasn’t really ready for the year when 2023 began, but I’m finding my way now.
As always, happy reading and writing today and every day!